The Jolly Roger Shipyard
Welcome Guest, To The Jolly Roger Shipyard, a community for modelers.
We are an open community for anyone wishing to take up, or contribute to the fascinating and rewarding hobby of ship building, but it doesn't stop there, we also build other models, so why not join in, were a friendly bunch, just don't leave the Rum lying about!

We look forward to meeting you!
Xadium.

Cutty Sark based on Artesania , freestyled by Samson

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cutty Sark based on Artesania , freestyled by Samson

Post  samson on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi all
I trying to fin out how you oparate this page - pictures and stof . so this is a test to see if i got it all reith
i hopfuly got a picture here of my Cutty Sark model ship as it is to day . ( if so i wil be bak to morow with mor serios stof ) Jens.

the beginning

Dek bien put down with black tread - stiks cut to excakt sam lenght to fit a modul system to esie the job and to reach the bedst result .

i got the idea to put the bulwarks on before finish planking , in that way it isier to fix , but then you also have to be more carful planking op not to brek it .

Cutty Sark is a wery fin ship and the lin of it is perfekt going in one slegtly curwed lin from stern to bow , so luck down the bulwalk and se it mack a S schape was not ecaktly wat you wanted to se No so here i compensate with ad more material on the critikli plase.

thegunwale covers was ment to be in 1,5 mm tred , i youse 0,6 mm tred - rember it was the woarlds farstedst ship of its time , not becors it was build strong -but light .

The kit ar fit with 6 mm keel and bow , i think it is to hevy so i make them new in 4 mm .
I finde in general the kit is of hi qualyti with wery fine wood and fitings .

This part i wirly want to look right .

Last edited by samson on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : clening up)

samson
Commander
Commander

Male Posts: 164

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutty Sark based on Artesania , freestyled by Samson

Post  Jack Sparrow on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Very impressive build so far Samson!! pirat pirat

Jack Sparrow
Admin

Male Posts: 147

Back to top Go down

cutty sark by artesania

Post  samson on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi all ! Im back with som fresch pictures of the bow and figurehad job

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  samson on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

I planing putting cobber plats on the buttom , but insted of real copper i wil youse paper , and glu it on vith decoupage varnish and then spray it vith cobberpaint . farst , essie , low cost and wery efektful in skale .

but first i paint vite op to the warterline ,

Farst ? still menny hundrets of briks Neutral .

Last edited by samson on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike T on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 am

Hi Samson ahoy

I will join the others in saying welcome to the forum! beer 1

I am particularly interested in your copper plating idea -- I originally started off HMS Victory with the DeAgostini subscription. pirate 2 One of the main reasons I cancelled my subscription and got my money back was the fact that they had clearly given the impression to supply copper plates to finish the model. green pirate In the event they said these would be be an optional extra! cannon ball

I'm now building the Caldercraft Victory which comes with correctly scaled plates. sail
For those still building the DeAg model, they might be very interested in your idea using the paper as well as spraying with copper paint. I know Karl is still doing his Victory, it would be interesting to hear what he thinks.

I would certainly be interested in some more pictures of your plates both before and after you spray them

Mike T

reading

Mike T Currently building: Caldercraft Victory and Constucto HMS Halifax In the dockyard: Del Prado HMAV Bounty Under the bench: Del Prado Cutty Sark

Mike T
Head Moderator

Male Posts: 283

Back to top Go down

Post  samson on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi Mike T. Thanks for schoving me your interest in my building .
I file werry velcom her , and enjoy surfing around the pagdes to see wat you all are building , and must say i am wery impressed .
By the way i have bin working on the model all morning and i infact have more puictures i wil put in nau. hope they can bee to som help to sombody.
Regards Jens -" SAMSON"

fresh photos of "copper plates "

Last edited by samson on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clening up)

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  samson on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:23 pm

now the paint is dry :

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Sparrow on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:12 pm

That is very impressive!!! I take my hat of to you Samson!! Those plates look the business, and the finish you have acheived is excellent!!! Well done!!! Cant wait to see more of your builds!! pirat pirat

Jack Sparrow
Admin

Male Posts: 147

Back to top Go down

Post  karl1113 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

we had many discussions on differing ways to achieve the copper tile finish.on one particular victory I built,it was supplied with green cupinol wood tiles .05mm. x 4mm.which I thought was a con,I ended up spraying them copper,but being wood they soaked up the paint,and the cupinol reacted to the paint,and was a disaster,but I like the paper idea and would have used the spiked roller on them,maybe Ill try thin cardboard so that I can get the rivot patern.what jens has done doe's look good,and realistic,well done jens.

karl1113

Male Posts: 516

Back to top Go down

Post  samson on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks Jack and Karl .
i knowe my englis in general is littel low and my wreiting must suks. but happy my pictures can tel my story .
And that way i not wreith mutch her and on your others pages , but i du follow your builds .
Regards All . Jens - " SAMSON"

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Xadium on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:10 am

Shocked WOW mate!!!! what a top notch idea and you have pulled it off with flying colours, all I can say is OUTSTANDING mate, well done!

As for your English! dont worry about it, I can understand what your saying, so no problems here!

Xadium
Admin

Male Posts: 383

http://jollyrogershipyard.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  samson on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi Lonestar Spirit
Thanks for your koment on the build , and im glad to know im understud .
regards from SAMSON

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike T on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 am

Thanks for those photos Samson.

It is certainly an interesting solution, better than a plain layer of paint. The overlap effect looks good compared with those solutions where plates are butted up against each other.

I'm looking forward to the time when I can start copper plating my Victory but that looks like some time off still!

Mike T
reading

Mike T Currently building: Caldercraft Victory and Constucto HMS Halifax In the dockyard: Del Prado HMAV Bounty Under the bench: Del Prado Cutty Sark

Mike T
Head Moderator

Male Posts: 283

Back to top Go down

Post  samson on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:40 am

Thats it. No more nose job ,Well its not perfeckt but it will du .

Then ther the otter end too. this i skratsbuild too from tred and pices from wat followed the kit. - speciel the names im happy to get from the kit .- it all glue on with decoupage varnish.

Nou kom to du a new rodder to fit my 4 mm kil and stern

I got the idea to make a veu thru the skylight to see insed the cabin - proberly wast of tim becors its only littel chans you can kom to see ennything , but i finde it fonny to do so wat the hak . Wink

Last edited by samson on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clening up)

samson
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Xadium on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Cracking job mate, you should be extremely proud of what you have achieved so far, Well Done!!!

Xadium
Admin

Male Posts: 383

http://jollyrogershipyard.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top