The Jolly Roger Shipyard
Welcome Guest, To The Jolly Roger Shipyard, a community for modelers.
We are an open community for anyone wishing to take up, or contribute to the fascinating and rewarding hobby of ship building, but it doesn't stop there, we also build other models, so why not join in, were a friendly bunch, just don't leave the Rum lying about!

We look forward to meeting you!
Xadium.

2010 Black Pearl model question for anyone who has built this ship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2010 Black Pearl model question for anyone who has built this ship

Post  dark tower on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has built a 2010 model Black Pearl? I have a question or two I'm hoping someone can help with. I have the ship body complete and am adding the cannons, etc. I'm wondering what to use as the cannon hinges/ mounts (a small bar that slips through the brass cannon barrel. I don't see anything in the kit. Help!

dark tower

Back to top Go down

Re: 2010 Black Pearl model question for anyone who has built this ship

Post  karl1113 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 pm

hi,yes I've completed that part of the kit, the hinges are photo etched parts,which have to be curled over to accept brass wire,which in turn have to bent to stop them coming out.if you need pics I will take more to show the gun port covers.

karl1113

Male Posts: 516

Back to top Go down

Black pearl cannons

Post  dark tower on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Karl1113,

Thank you for your quick reply, I'm sooooo glad I found someone who has some experience.
The pieces I'm looking for are the shafts that goe through the cannon bodies, and that the cannon body rests on in it's wheeled wooden cradle. It should be a short brass / metal, (or maybe wooden?) shaft, maybe 1/16" round or so????
Thanks! Is your ship complete now?

dark tower

Back to top Go down

Re: 2010 Black Pearl model question for anyone who has built this ship

Post  karl1113 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:04 pm

you have to cut the shaft from wire.which should have been supplied.no not finished yet,have to change the masts,too thin for the job,and had to change many things,found a lot of the wood un-usable.too dry and would crack at the slightest tweak.

karl1113

Male Posts: 516

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top